Saturday, May 31, 2014

How I Clean my Brushes!

Hello Everyone!
Washing my makeup brushes is not something I particularly love doing, but it is very important! I used to paint all the time, and in high school I was constantly painting for all of my art classes, so cleaning my makeup brushes is literally the same exact way I used to wash my paint brushes!


My first tip for washing makeup brushes is having a separate container on your vanity (or wherever you do your makeup) and have that specifically for your dirty makeup brushes, just to make sure you know what brushes are dirty and need to be clean! The soap I use to actually wash my brushes is just baby soap! It is very gentle on your brushes and does really get them clean! I have looked into buying solid soap to wash my brushes, but for now (and for the past couple years) I've just been using baby soap! It's inexpensive, gentle and easy. 
My next tip on washing my makeup brushes is taking a towel and rolling one of the sides of the towel. When you are waiting for your brushes to dry, you don't want them to dry perfectly horizontal because the water will go down into the feral of the brush and cause the glue to become loose and fall out. You will see further down the post how I actually just set my brushes on the towel to allow them to dry!
So first off obviously you want to get your brushes wet. 
 Next just get some soap into the palm of your hand.
 and swirl your brush into the suds of the soap and water mixture. It's really simple, and what I do is just move the brush in a circular motion, and take my time massaging the bristles making sure to get all of the excess product out of the brush. After I am sure the brush is clean, and rinse it under the water and make sure all of the soap is washed out of it, and viola! Done!
After the brush is clean, I just squeeze out the excess water, and shape the brush how it should dry. Then I lay them all on the towel, pointing the bristles down to make sure the excess water flows out of the brush, instead of into the feral. 

Cleaning your makeup brushes can be a lot easier then you think. I spot clean my brushes after every use, and I deep clean my brushes about once a week to every 2 weeks. It depends on how often I do my makeup that week, and how many brushes are dirty, simply because I would rather wash a ton of brushes at once and get the cleaning out of the way.

Please comment below if you have any comments or questions and I will answer as best as I can.
Thank you so much for reading! 
I really hope this was helpful!
xoxo- Dani

2 comments:

  1. great post, I'm so bad with cleaning my brushes hah I really need to do it more often! would love if you could check out my blog :)

    Istylethereforeiiwear

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try to do it once a week, but sometimes I forget, opps! ha, and of course lovely!

      Delete