Monday, April 21, 2014

$20 Makeup Challenge with my Sister!

Hello Everyone!
Me and my sister, Jamie, went to Target and decided to try the $20 Makeup Challenge!

What my sister used in her challenge:

-Maybelline, Fit Me Shine-Free Foundation Stick in color 115 Ivory ($6.99)
-NYC, Cover Stick Color Stick Corrector in 781A Light ($1.79)
-ELF, All Over Color Stick in Persimmon ($1.00)
-ELF, Clarifying Pressed Powder in Light Beige ($1.00)
-ELF, Professional Total Face Brush ($1.00)
-ELF, Flawless Eyeshadow Quad in Smokey ($2.00)
-Rimmel, Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner in 001 Black ($3.59)
-Rimmer, Extra Super Lash Mascara in Black ($1.80)
Total: $19.17
What I used:
-Covergirl, Clean Sensitive Skin Foundation in 210 Classic Ivory ($5.99)
-ELF, Professional Bronzing Brush ($1.00)
-ELF, Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick in Pink Umbrellas ($1.00)
-ELF, Eyebrow Kit in Medium ($3.00)
-NYC, HD Color Tri Eyeshadow in 781 Long Beach Sands ($2.79)
-Rimmel, Scandaleyes Waterproof Eyeliner in 001 Black ($3.59)
-Rimmel, Extra Super Lash Mascara in Black ($1.80)
Total: $19.17
First we both applied our foundation with our fingers, and Jamie also applied her concealer, which wasn't blended in but I surprised her to take a picture, ha!
Then, I used my Jumbo Lip Gloss Stick as a blush (applied with my fingers), and applied this to my lips as well and filled in my eyebrows using the brush provided in the kit. Jamie did her bronzer using the ELF brush she purchased, and used the ELF All Over Color Stick as a lipstick as well as a blush.
Then we went to our eyeshadow using the sponge tip applicators provided. 
Lastly, we applied our eyeliner and mascara and voila! We were done!
Picture was with Flash
Personally, I liked all of my products that I used, even though I ended up not even using the brush (could have saved that dollar!), the only thing I was not crazy about was the eyeshadow. It wasn't horrible, and I would have liked them a lot more if I had a brush to use, but all well! I loved the mascara, and I will defiantly be using this on a day to day basis, and I still cannot believe what a great deal we got because they were on sale! I've used this eyeliner before and I love it and the foundation was not to bad! I was expecting this challenge to go a lot worse. 
Picture was with Flash
Jamie said that she didn't like the bronzer because it was very powdery and she could have just gone without it. She also did not like the ELF brush because the hairs felt itchy. She however really liked the foundation, loved the eyeshadows, and loved the eyeliner and mascara. Also, the concealer was okay but broke in the process of her using it. 

Overall, we had a lot of fun doing this challenge and we hope to do it again! If Target had Wet N Wild products we would have been golden! 

Thank you so much for reading!
Comment below with any questions or comments!
xoxo- Dani & Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment